As newspaper readership declines and consumers increasingly look online for savings, digital coupons are gaining significant momentum. Digital coupons represent the fastest growing segment of the coupon industry, and accounted for 10% of all coupons redeemed, up from 1% in 2006. In 2011, the market for online coupons is expected to reach $5 billion, with mobile just 15% of the overall online market. However, ARCchart expects mobile's share of the digital coupon market to steadily grow over the coming years, reaching revenues of $9 billion by 2016.
There are a number of reasons for engaging in a mobile coupon campaign including: increased repeat purchase, increased product awareness, introduction of a new product, selling excess stock inventory, targeting specific demographics, trading-up consumers, and responding to competitive changes in the market. This study provides an analysis of the global mobile coupon market.
Topics of coverage include:
- What is a mobile coupon/voucher?
- The Groupon affect
- The mobile coupon value proposition
- Industry ecosystem
- Profiles of the key coupon players
- Business models
- Recent M&A activity
- Distribution and redemption technologies
- Case studies of selected mobile coupon campaigns
- Global and regional marketing sizes and forecasts
Companies and organisations mentioned, discussed or reviewed include:
Eagle Eye Solutions
Answers and opinions are provided with respect to the following
- How is the traditional print media combating the challenge from digital coupons?
- How will NFC impact the mobile coupon market?
- Will QR codes, Microsoft Tags and JAGTAGs co-exist or will one dominate?
- What portion of the digital coupon market will mobile account for by 2016?
- How will average consumer voucher spending evolve over the coming years?
- Is there really a danger of coupon saturation leading to consumer apathy?
- Is there a coupon revenue opportunity for mobile operators?
- How are the leading social networking players exploiting mobile coupons?
- Does it make sense for brands to take a direct-to-consumer approach for their coupon distribution?
- What is the coupon opportunity for Google Wallet?