Data centres are imperative for any IT centric organisation to ensure business continuity, sustainability and scalability. Heavily commercialised during the internet boom of the late 90s, data centres provide a secure, consolidated and resilient storage and communication foundation which services a widespread geographic footprint.
Driven by exponentially increasing demand for both network storage capacity and network bandwidth, ARCchart estimates that there are nearly 600,000 data centers worldwide covering about 310 million square feet of space.
This report provides a global assessment of the data centre network equipment market. Besides assessing the key market trends, sub-markets and future prospects of the industry, the report provides detailed market forecasts for data centre network equipment revenues and unit shipments from 2012 to 2016, at a global, regional and sub-market level. Sub-markets analysed include WAN optimisation appliances, Ethernet switches and application delivery controllers (ADCs). Historical and vendor market share figures are also provided for 2010 and 2011.
Topics of coverage include:
- What is a data centre?
- The data centre business case
- The rise of digital content
- Market trends
- Case studies and vendor profiles
- Market drivers and barriers
- Network equipment analysis
- Vendor market share
- Market size and forecast
Companies and organisations mentioned, discussed or reviewed include:
Blue Coat Systems
Brocade Comms. Systems
Dell Force10 Networks
Answers and opinions are provided with respect to the following
- What OpEx savings are to be expected by investing in data centres?
- How is social networking driving the use of data centres?
- Why will many data centres need to relocate in the coming years?
- How much digital content are consumers expected to store in the cloud?
- How are energy costs expected to impact the industry?
- How many Ethernet ports will ship in 2016?
- Which region will generate the most data centre network equipment revenues?
- Which vendors dominate the networking equipment market?
- How will the evolution from ‘owned’ to ‘rented’ content impact the data centre market?